This is important. Stop big cat hunting. This literally is making me cry.
The way the lion tries to shut out the light…
:Why would you shoot it?
I cannot think of any reason to kill a Lion. You don’t eat it. It’s a waste.
That buzzfeed post (where the photos are from) was absolutely perfect to explain how fucking horrible and pointless and just so irresponsible this woman is.
Since then people - who are just as enraged as me but know a bit more - have explained to me that she is allowed to hunt on the territory BECAUSE she gives tuns of money to the state… which is also money for preservation?
The mind, it boggles it.
This world we live in can be so mindblowingly fucking stupid, I can’t even.
Game of Thrones S03: My Understanding so Far
Can we just stop and talk about this for a minute?
Thresh doesn’t make an alliance. Thresh doesn’t waste time liking her. Thresh knows that either he must kill her or she must kill him for one of them to win.
But this is the only way he can repay her for protecting Rue when he couldn’t. It’s the only way he can repay her for honoring Rue when he couldn’t. He honors her by sparing her friend, the girl who would have died for her.
The revolution really doesn’t start with Katniss.
It starts with Rue.
SOMEBODY FINALLY SAID IT
This is exactly the point I’ve been trying to make for years. Okay, so the revolution gets it’s kindling with Katniss. She volunteers, well that’s new, she rebels in the display of talents by shooting the apple. This triggers her perfect score, okay. These aren’t really “Revolutionary” though.
It’s not even revolutionary when Peeta professes his love, because, let’s face it, the rules of the game haven’t changed. They’re still just two kids who would have to KILL each other to win. Without a doubt, it would bring some interest to the games, so the Capitol makes propaganda about it. The “Star Crossed Lovers” in a game of life and death.
But what changes the game is Rue. Right away from her introduction in the books we know Rue is going to be somewhat of a big deal. She was compared to the most important character to Katniss, Prim, so that’s a huge indicator. She’s small, young, she’s what Prim would have been.
So Katniss instantly feels a subconscious pull toward her.
When they meet in the trees, Katniss could have killed Rue easily, and Rue probably could have pulled a sneak attack or alerted the Careers of Katniss’s presence. Instead, Rue points out the Tracker Jacker nest.
Then it escalates, Rue and Katniss become an odd team, they’re an alliance, which is never new in the Hunger Games, as forming teams and then betraying them at the end seems to be a common, but there’s is different. It’s close, it’s sisterly, protective.
And then Rue get’s impaled. Katniss kills her first tribute with ease after that. Comparing it to hunting game. Katniss holds Rue, she cries, and then she sings. She sings for Rue a song of promised safety and warmth, something completely absent in the arena.
And this is where the metaphorical canon fires. Katniss could have left Rue, the hovercraft would have been along to pick her up, but she can’t. She’s morally obligated to love this girl as much as possible. And this is where the revolution starts.
She honors the dead. She honors a dead tribute from a district she’d never seen, a person she’d known for only a short period of time. But she throws away Hunger Games norms. She rejects them completely.
In the Hunger Games you’re supposed to kill mercilessly and leave the victims for the plain box they’re shipped home in.
Katniss gives Rue a funeral in the Games, she decorates the body, she makes it look like Rue is sleeping. Like no harm had come. Katniss just ignited the coals that Rue had placed.
Rue’s District sends a parachute. Homemade bread.
Then Thresh kills Clove and distracts Cato by taking his bag.
The fire is going now, and the actions in Catching Fire are even more obvious.
The Speech for Rue. Peeta’s painting. Everything eludes back to this one little girl who became Katniss’s family.
So the revolution never started with Katniss, she was just the tinder for Rue’s ignition.
Rue was the real Mockingjay.
- Click This
- Make A Self Portrait Using The Doll Maker You Got.
- Post It.
A FUCKIG TRADITIONAL POLISH COSTUME GENERATOR REALLLY??!?!??!????????????????????????????? really?
fuck y’all im a dragon mermaid thing
I GOT DOOM PRINCESS
this is silly
i don’t even look like that
- I am 5’4 or shorter.
- I have many scars.
- I tan easily.
- I wish my hair was a different colour.
- I have friends who have never seen my natural hair colour.
- I have a tattoo.
- I am self-conscious about my appearance.
- I have/I’ve had/I need braces.
- I wear glasses/contacts.
- I’d get plastic surgery if it were 100% safe, free, scar-free.
- I’ve been told I’m attractive by a complete stranger.
- I have more than 2 piercings.
- I have piercings in places besides my ears.
- I have freckles.
- I’ve sworn at my parents.
- I’ve been kicked out of the house.
- I have a sibling less than one year old.
- I want to have kids someday.
- I have children.
- I’ve lost a child.
- I’ve slipped out a “lol” in a spoken conversation.
- Disney movies still make me cry.
- I’ve snorted while laughing.
- I’ve laughed so hard I’ve cried.
- I’ve glued my hands to something.
- I’ve laughed till some kind of beverage came out of my nose.
- I’ve had my trousers rip in public.
- I was born with a disease/impairment.
- I currently have a serious disease.
- I’ve had stitches.
- I’ve broken a bone.
- I’ve had my tonsils removed.
- I’ve sat in a doctor’s office with a friend.
- I’ve had my wisdom teeth removed.
- I’ve had surgery.
- I’ve had chicken pox.
- I’ve driven over 200 miles in one day.
- I’ve been to Canada.
- I’ve been to Niagara Falls.
- I’ve been to Japan.
- I’ve Celebrated Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
- I’ve been to Spain.
- I’ve been to Africa.
- I’ve been to Italy.
- I’ve been to France.
- I’ve been to London.
- I’ve been lost in my city.
- I’ve seen a shooting star.
- I’ve wished on a shooting star.
- I’ve seen a meteor shower.
- I’ve gone out in public in my pajamas.
- I’ve pushed all the buttons on an elevator.
- I’ve been to a casino.
- I’ve been skydiving.
- I’ve gone skinny dipping.
- I’ve played spin the bottle.
- I’ve been skiing.
- I’ve been in a play.
- I’ve met someone in person from the internet. (SOON)
- I’ve caught a snowflake on my tongue.
- I’ve seen the Northern Lights
- I’ve sat on a roof top at night.
- I’ve played chicken.
- I’ve played a prank on someone.
- I’ve ridden in a taxi.
- I’ve seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- I’ve eaten sushi
- I’ve been snowboarding.
- I’m single.
- I’m in a relationship.
- I’m engaged.
- I’m married.
- I’ve gone on a blind date.
- I’ve been the dumpee more than the dumper.
- I miss someone right now.
- I’ve been divorced.
- I’ve had feelings for someone who didn’t have them back.
- I’ve done something I promised someone else I wouldn’t.
- I have lied to my parents about where I am.
- I’ve cheated while playing a game.
- I’ve run a red light.
- I’ve been suspended from school.
- I’ve witnessed a crime.
- I’ve been in a fight.
- I’ve been arrested.
- I’ve consumed alcohol.
- I’ve smoked a cigarette.
- I regularly drink.
- I’ve taken painkillers when I didn’t need them.
- I’ve done hard drugs.
- I’ve been addicted to an illegal drug.
Welp, my life has not been interesting in terms of travel but I am kinda surprised by how much I bolded in the Honesty/Crime category ^^;;;
WOO Here’s me.
Saturday by Rebecca Black (feat. Dave Days)
and just like that, the queen has returned and dethroned all of our faves with one swift motion
SHE CAME BACK WITH THE FLAMES
Was the guy at the end supposed to be the rapper from Friday??
dataSTICKIES are the next generation of data portability. They are graphene-based flash drives that replace USB pen drives and hard discs.
USB-based drives can be inconvenient to use as the positioning and insertion of the drive in the USB slot needs to be done precisely. When the slots are at the rear of a device, as is the case for many desktop computers, this task becomes even more troublesome.
dataSTICKIES solve this problem by carrying data like a stack of sticky-back notes. Each of the dataSTICKIES can be simply peeled from the stack and stuck anywhere on the optical data transfer surface (ODTS), which is a panel that can be attached to the front surface of devices like computer screens, televisions, music systems, and so on. The special conductive adhesive that sticks the dataSTICKIES to the ODTS is the medium that transfers the data. This special low-tack, pressure-sensitive adhesive is capable of being reused without leaving marks like a repositionable note. When the dataSTICKIES are being read by the device, their edges light up.
Let it go, let it go